What I Ate Wednesday

in Basil is a Young Sportsman, Breakfast, Second Breakfast

I’m back again for another installment of What I Ate Wednesday!

Breakfast started with a chocolate banana smoothie, made with hazelnut milk and Amazing Grass. Hit the spot! I had an apple with my smoothie…

Second breakfast / early lunch / brunch? I made a tofu spinach scramble, side of ketchup!

These are always so good, but I should have eggs because I wanted eggs later. Snack was my edamame egg salad into seaweed rolls.

I love my seaweed “papers”. I wrap and eat, so the seaweed stays crunchy. Edamame egg salad, how I’ve missed you!

I also had a snack of mashed red pepper sweet potatoes.

…and then had to make more potatoes for the recipe they were meant for. Oops!

We had sandwiches for dinner – mine was avocado, cheese, tomato, cucumber and sprouts. Then Jason and I split the last earth for dessert:

Those earths will be missed too… tell me – what chocolate peanut butter cup should I make next? :D

What are you eating today?

1 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 27, 2011 at 2:57 am

Mmmmmmm, looks very good! The edamame egg salad is so funny because it comes as a ball. :D

2 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm

“it comes as a ball” – hee! yes, it does. :)

3 lindsay April 27, 2011 at 3:32 am

i wish I had some earth for dessert. :)

I am a firm believer in brunch every day!

4 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Mmm, brunch! you know, most of the time I suppose I actually DO eat brunch, after my workout is my “second breakfast” where I actually eat! (first breakfast is a smoothie pre workout) :D brunch every day – wee!

5 Heather (Where's the Beach) April 27, 2011 at 5:20 am

I just finished my oatmeal with PB, bananas, cranberries. YUM

6 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:36 pm

that sounds great!

7 Holly @ The Runny Egg April 27, 2011 at 6:11 am

I love the earth PB cups — maybe make a Basil PB cup next?

So far I’ve eaten a huge smoothie for breakfast and I’m on my second mug of green tea.

8 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:32 pm

hee! I wondered if someone would say a Basil pb cup! :D maybe for his birthday… I could use something instead of chocolate so HE could have one. he loves peanut butter! :) happy Wednesday!

9 Liz @ IHeartVegetables April 27, 2011 at 6:13 am

Those cupcakes are TOO freaking cute. Like, not even fair! haha, and that red pepper sweet potato thing looks delicious! I’m going to check out the recipe :)

10 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:30 pm

ha – thanks! they were chocolate peanut butter cup “earths” I made for Earth Day last week –> earths :) the red pepper sweet potatoes are GOOD – hope you try them! Have a great week!

11 Dorry April 27, 2011 at 7:43 am

Your food and your photos look amazing! As usual, I’d like to come over for a day and have you cook for me. I’ve eaten too many rushed meals on the go and larabars lately. ;)

That’s nice that y’all shared the Earth. I might have eaten the last one without telling Billy. Shhhhh.

12 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 12:08 pm

that would be FUN! :) the earths were tasty, but actually BIG for me to eat the whole thing… I really am not used to eating sweets, believe it or not! :D

13 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 27, 2011 at 8:04 am

pretties tofu scramble i’ve ever seen =) Happy WIAW!!! <3

14 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 11:58 am

thanks, girlie – hope your Wednesday is FABULOUS!

15 Meri April 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I’m very intrigued by the “earth.” Is that a homemade peanut butter cup I am seeing? or just decorated?
I’m similarly intrigued by the red pepper potato mash. Looks tasty!
Meri
merigoesround.blogspot.com

16 spabettie April 27, 2011 at 1:35 pm

hello Meri!! it IS a homemade pb cup, I made them last week for Earth Day! they are here –> EARTHS :) the red pepper potato is SO good… I made it to include in a bigger recipe, but ended up eating some as is, and loved it! :)

17 S @ extremebalance.net/blog April 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm

mmm. Edamame egg salad! Inspired…

18 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I forgot how much I love the edamame egg salad… so good!

19 katojo April 27, 2011 at 4:32 pm

The potatoes look delicious!

20 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:39 pm

thank you!!

21 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 28, 2011 at 7:37 am

I had eggs yesterday too with mustard greens and grilled zucchini…that was the highlight of my meals and it was so good!

22 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:30 pm

mustard greens and grilled zucchini = PERFECTION !

23 Jasmine April 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

I literally JUST had a snack of seaweed wraps! LOVE those things.

24 spabettie April 29, 2011 at 2:04 pm

I do too – SO good!

25 Christin@purplebirdblog April 30, 2011 at 8:09 am

Best day of eats ever!!! I am dying to try that hazlenut milk smoothie!! I personally think you should make purple bird PB cups, but I’m definitely biased. ;)

26 spabettie April 30, 2011 at 11:41 pm

hmmm… perhaps I will… and then find some ice paks to send them to Texas… ;)

27 Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 1, 2011 at 11:54 am

Ah ha! THAT’S what my grocery list was missing! Edamame! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I took a bag over to my parents house a couple of weeks ago for a salad beast “demonstration” ;) and totally forgot to bring it home. Funny thing is, it’ll probably still be there on Christmas!

Mmm, why did I just get a vision of a PB cup stuffed with pretzels? Ohh, or howabout an SSB cup stuffed with pretzels? Orrrr…slow down, Heather! ;)

28 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 9:06 am

aw – I bet if I took edamame to my parents it would be safe, too – more for me!! :D

atta girl, now you’re on to something with the pretzels! um, SSB? is that sunflower seed? I haven’t tried that yet – good?

29 Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 3, 2011 at 10:28 am

Yeah, SSB= sunflower seed butter= total life changer! When I first tried it, I thought it was good, but after a few more tries and eating it on different foods, I’m totally addicted! It has that unique sunflower see taste with the perfect amount of sweetness!

30 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I’m going to have to try it… I wonder if they have little packets… ;)

31 Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 3, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Oh, oh! I just got a free sample pack at the Greenday event last weekend! Email me your adress and I’ll send it to you! :)

32 spabettie May 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm

really?? aw! you’re awesome. okay, emailing now!