warmest day of the year

Saturday was Portland’s warmest of the year thus far, and it was beautiful! Aside from about two hours at Living Room Theater, we were outside all day long.

We saw Water for Elephants, and since I have read the book at least three times, I feel I can say the movie was executed perfectly! It is a wonderfully moving story on a few levels, and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Also? I want Marlena’s wardrobe! 😀

Going to the movies at 11:am left the rest of the day to play outdoors! Jason mowed the yards and I played in the garden. We grilled in the evening, which was nice and light until after 8pm. It was a perfect day, and I am hoping for more like it soon…

Grilled corn is my favorite:

More new blooms in the garden:

colorful

bright

new

blooming

blooms on our blueberry bushes!

and a little friend:

Are you planning to see Water for Elephants? Have you read the book?

Happy Easter!

Comments

you should definitely read it – it is incredibly heartwarming! :) I’m excited for grilling – I think yesterday was a bit of a fluke, but we will have that weather back soon and be grilling all the time! 😀 have a fantastic week, Sarena!

I loved Water for Elephants the booked and was also thrilled with the movie. I think Christoph Waltz was really the piece that held it together so perfectly. I think he’s so brilliant. And Reese’s clothes… love.

I hope you have a great day today! :)

oh, I agree – Christoph Waltz was perfect for that part!! I was extremely pleased with how the movie told the story. I had an awesome day, I hope you did too!! have a great week, Carly!!

I think today is actually the warmest day MN has had in 2011. Thank goodness it is so beautiful out! It was rainy and cold yesterday :(

I have not seen Water for Elephants, I want to read the book first!

you should definitely read the book and see the movie – it is such a heartwarming story, and I cannot wait to see it again !! 😀 I hope the rain and cold is going away, and hope you guys have a fantastic week, Holly!

thank you, Ally – a Happy Easter to you! I am so excited that grilling season is here – looking forward to all kinds of fresh veggies on the grill!

we have what sounds like HUNDREDS of frogs chirping at night – they are out at the lake just beyond our property and they get SO loud at night – one of my favorite parts of this time of year 😀 hugging Basil right now – I said it was from Lindsay! <3

I’m looking forward to being outside all day long and taking pictures of gorgeous flowers. Everything you shared just looks so fantastic!!
    My aunt was talking about that movie last night, I guess she just finished the book and said it was fantastic! Maybe we should plan to go see it when it comes out!

you really should plan to see the movie – I recommend it – such a heartwarming story! I hope you had a great day outside, Leanne! have a fantastic week!

thanks, Heather – my Sunday was awesome – looked like yours was too 😀 I’d recommend the book AND the movie – such a heartwarming story! have a great week, Heather!

Beautiful pics!
    I read Water for Elephants, and can’t wait to see the movie. I saw something on TV about the wardrobe, and it does look amazing!
    My mom told me the movie is as good as or better than Secret Life of Bees…and that’s probably my fave, so I have high hopes!

it really was a great movie – I can’t wait to see it AGAIN! 😀 warning – bring tissues! have a great week, Lisa B !!

Although I wasn’t the biggest fan of the movie (although I did think it was good!) I am OBSESSED with Marlena’s clothes. Could Reese have looked hotter?!

yes! wait, I mean no! :) she looked great, and I so want to dress that way! 😀 have a fantastic week, Jill !! XO

the cold was back here today, so hopefully the warm came back your way? :) did you read the book? what reservations? being one who cannot tolerate animal cruelty or suffering, I did have a few cringe worthy times but it all ended up okay. the story is so heartwarming to me! have a great week, Stephanie!

oooh, wow! that is crazy hot! we were low 70s, which is PERFECT! have a fabulous week, darlin’! XXO

oh, you should! it is truly a heartwarming story – and the movie is as close to detail as I’ve seen in a while, which is nice. isn’t grilled corn delicious?? I am so happy summer is here! 😀 have a fabulous week, my friend!

Oh, it’s wonderful to hear a review from someone I know who loved the movie–thank you, Kristina! I’m going away for the Gluten-Free Expo this week (OMG, it’s almost here!!), but when I get back I’m having tea with girlfriends and then we’re going to see Water for Elephants afterwards. We’ve all read and/or listened to it on audio and can’t wait. I’ve been thrilled to hear all the great review so far. :-)

xo,
    Shirley

one of these days I will have to get myself to the Gluten Free Expo!! I would love it, I know! I’m looking forward to hearing all about it from you! 😀

you are going to LOVE the movie! and what fun to go with girlfriends! Jason was interested in seeing it, because he has heard me rave about the book… I want to see it again in the theater, and will probably go with friends next time! *a tip – bring tissues! 😉

XO have a great trip, Shirley!

that’s awesome! I think I feel like we can plant now, you know? if not this weekend maybe next… it was still REALLY cold last night. (well, to me… we went on a walk about 9pm and Jason said no, it’s not cold!) 😀

Beautiful pics! Love the blueberry blooms – so pretty. And I love grilled corn. It really is the best isn’t it? I’m so happy that it (finally) seems to be more spring-like these days. yay!