juice of the earth

Our sunshine and upper sixties temps were short lived – we’re back to snow at 1000 feet and cold rain everywhere else! I’m looking forward to May…

Until then I’m still juicing every day, getting my equivalent of sunshine and freshness in my life!

Today’s juice was an easy earthy goodness:

6 carrots
8-10 celery stalks
2 apples
1 beet
1 lemon, peeled

Makes two servings, which of course were both for me πŸ˜€

I love how pretty it is prior to pouring:

How do you get some freshness and sunshine on cold days?

Comments

so that’s who it was for!! πŸ˜€ they’re going to LOVE it… and THANK YOU for sharing my blog <3

ha! HELLO again, Christine!! yay! (I left you a comment on your blog earlier, that I was reading after Kath’s post the other day…)

unfortunately yes, this was made with a juicer. and it’s funny, KATH a few comments down (up?) said she tried to make a smoothie form of juice, and it didn’t turn out! :(

Whee, beets! πŸ˜€ I’m so sad I can’t try your juices because I don’t have a juicer. :( I made a celery, apple, lemon, bell pepper smoothie in my blender once but didn’t like it :( so I think what works as a juice might not work as a smoothie and vice versa, so my blender isn’t an alternative always.

yeah, I don’t know if I’d like the things I juice in a smoothie… some of the fruits, maybe… I wish you had a juicer too, or that you were my neighbor, I could hand one over the fence to you while we had a morning chat πŸ˜€

I just love being outside even when the weather isn’t perfect. Since starting my new job and being forced to walk to work, rain or shine, I think I’m enjoying all weather. Okay, so maybe sunshine is my favorite, but I find myself even being glad I’m out and about even when it’s raining (as long as I have my umbrella). :)

3. H. Kate says

Only have a blender? Trust me on this one. Prepare juice recipe in your blender. Strain & squeeze through a NEW (and well washed) knee high or nylon. SUPER EASY!