juice of the earth

in daily juice, recipes, Second Breakfast

Our sunshine and upper sixties temps were short lived – we’re back to snow at 1000 feet and cold rain everywhere else! I’m looking forward to May…

Until then I’m still juicing every day, getting my equivalent of sunshine and freshness in my life!

Today’s juice was an easy earthy goodness:

6 carrots
8-10 celery stalks
2 apples
1 beet
1 lemon, peeled

Makes two servings, which of course were both for me :D

I love how pretty it is prior to pouring:

How do you get some freshness and sunshine on cold days?

1 Kristina April 6, 2011 at 11:28 am

oh prettttty!!!! I just bought my rents the breville juicer-my mom is so excited!!!! I gave her your link-she’s in love with your juices!

2 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm

so that’s who it was for!! :D they’re going to LOVE it… and THANK YOU for sharing my blog <3

3 mitzi @ my nikon eats food April 6, 2011 at 11:30 am

gosh…i need a juicer. that’s one of the most beautiful drinks i’ve seen!

4 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm

thank you!!

5 Christine @ Merf In Progress April 6, 2011 at 11:31 am

Do you have to have a juicer to make juices like that? I have a food processor and a blender. No way is husband going to get me yet another appliance!!!

6 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm

ha! HELLO again, Christine!! yay! (I left you a comment on your blog earlier, that I was reading after Kath’s post the other day…)

unfortunately yes, this was made with a juicer. and it’s funny, KATH a few comments down (up?) said she tried to make a smoothie form of juice, and it didn’t turn out! :(

7 Camille April 6, 2011 at 11:34 am

Doesn’t the weather suck? I was running outside all weekend and I was all pumped to run outside today and it was pouring :( So sad!

8 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:42 pm

yep! I was caught in it the other day!

9 Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 6, 2011 at 12:19 pm

Whee, beets! :D I’m so sad I can’t try your juices because I don’t have a juicer. :( I made a celery, apple, lemon, bell pepper smoothie in my blender once but didn’t like it :( so I think what works as a juice might not work as a smoothie and vice versa, so my blender isn’t an alternative always.

10 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm

yeah, I don’t know if I’d like the things I juice in a smoothie… some of the fruits, maybe… I wish you had a juicer too, or that you were my neighbor, I could hand one over the fence to you while we had a morning chat :D

11 Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 6, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Now that is beautiful! Love those colors. As for the temps, it was freezing here yesterday, so soup was on the menu! Veggie soup always hits the spot for me on cold days!

12 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm

yes – warm soup is always good for the BRRR :)

13 Katie @ Up Fit Creek April 6, 2011 at 12:39 pm

For whatever reason, I LOVE bananas on cold days.

14 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I can see that, it’s not really a “cooling” or refreshing fruit! :D

15 Kelly April 6, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I just love being outside even when the weather isn’t perfect. Since starting my new job and being forced to walk to work, rain or shine, I think I’m enjoying all weather. Okay, so maybe sunshine is my favorite, but I find myself even being glad I’m out and about even when it’s raining (as long as I have my umbrella). :)

16 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm

in Portland we’re pretty used to the rain here ;)

17 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!1

18 Lisa April 6, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Pretty! It reminds me of those tubs of rainbow sherbet—-but obviously exponentially more yummy and healthy!

19 spabettie April 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm

oh, yes! I see it.. mmm, sherbet!

20 H. Kate August 5, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Only have a blender? Trust me on this one. Prepare juice recipe in your blender. Strain & squeeze through a NEW (and well washed) knee high or nylon. SUPER EASY!