olive and pepper tapenade

Jason has been wanting big salads for dinner as much as I have lately. Even though the salads are entree size and full of protein,
I will sometimes include an appetizer to eat beforehand.

I’ve been calling it happy hour at home…

olive and pepper tapenade

3/4 cup green olives
1/2 roasted red pepper (several strips jarred)
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons capers
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
splash red wine vinegar
sea salt

Chop the olives and pepper uniformly; finely mince garlic cloves. Leave capers whole, mix with olives, peppers and garlic. Stir in olive oil and vinegar, salt as needed.

Serve with pita points, kalamata olives and hummus.

What is your favorite appetizer?

DO it!! :) it’s fun! oh, yeah – I love bruschetta too… just wait until I have my BASIL and romas growing in the garden… :)

thanks, Jenn! the things that Jason doesn’t like? I make for my lunches or when he is out of town… πŸ˜€

oh, wow, yours looks good too… thanks for sharing Angela (and beautiful photos!) I’m going to have to try it sometime!

looks so delicious! I totally forgot that I was supposed to make pasta tonight. I was thinking about it all day but the minute I got home I ate 1 mango, kale chips, and a handful of raw buckwheat. doh! Better luck tomorrow.
    My favorite appetizer is… bacon wrapped figs. (with pistachios inside!)

Yummmmm! I love olive tapenades. I’ll have to make this! Hmmm – I like chips and guacamole or veg & hummus. But I like those both so much, I’ve been known to fill up on the appetizer and have no room for the meal!

thank you, Betty! yeah, I think I like my Happy Hour at Home… it’s going to become a thing… πŸ˜‰

That looks so yummy! My fave is usually bruschetta or chips and guac. I love most appetizers though. I could definitely live on them :)