figgy goodness

My friend Lindsay is currently writing about Spring Cleaning – Body, Mind and Soul (Part One and Part Two). Many great things to focus on, and I encourage you to read her posts!

Part Two focuses on cleansing foods, and believe it – she included a fabulous brownie recipe.

I knew I had to make them right away. πŸ˜€

To me it seems normal, but to many, there might be a couple interesting ingredients.Β I’ll give you one:

Figs!

These really are some of the most chewy and delicious brownies I have had… and they are good for you!

Go visit Lindsay for this super easy and tasty recipe… like she says, your gut will thank you!

Comments

aw, yay! and *weeeee!! I love it! and these, I love these!! and a big YES to the last question of the day – Jason LOVED them too!! he’s getting so used to me that he didn’t even flinch or raise an eyebrow, NOTHING, when I told him what was in them! πŸ˜€

I know, I think Lindsay has created a new obsession over here… I already have another recipe kickin’ around in my head…

I’m so on the fence with this one. I feel like if I want a brownie, I’m gonna go hard or go home… (I’m not a fan of cakey brownies). I’m not sure if these babies will satisfy my sweet tooth enough! πŸ˜‰ thoughts?

I understand… BUT! these aren’t cakey, they are dense and chewy! they do have sweetness from the figs and from the gf brownie mix, so there is chocolate flavor too… I doubled Lindsay’s recipe, but hers is for a pretty small amount, I would say give it a try and you will probably be (pleasantly) surprised! πŸ˜€ they really are phenomenal…

This was a total creative genius on Lindsay’s part! And I love dried figs. I’d be SET if y’all could just be my personal chefs. Remember, I’ll be your avocado masher. :)

Figs are so surprisingly fabulous—I say “surprisingly” because I always thought they were basically like big raisins and so, ho-hum! And then… I got into making fig butter and scones. I’m converted. :) It *is* a stroke of genius on Lindsay’s part to have come up with this one!

Hi Sara!! thanks for saying hello! I hope you DO make them – they are very good! πŸ˜€ Have a great day!!

I used the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix, and I made them without nut butter. I was planning to use it, but while making the recipe I was tasting it, and it was VERY tasty without! I’m sure I’ll make them with nut butter sometime, because that sounds great too…

oh, and I doubled it… πŸ˜‰