gluten free pizza

We made more socca pizzas over the weekend, and after having some off blog conversations I thought I’d finally post about it! πŸ˜‰

I went back to my new favorite, simple pizza of vegan cheese and asparagus. The pizza ‘sauce’ was tomato cashew-pistachio dip.

stovetop socca

1 cup garbanzo flour
1 cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Whisk ingredients and pour into skillet, flipping once. This is my favorite way to cook socca – you can also bake this in the oven, 30 minutes @ 400.

For this pizza, I increased the flour + water, and split between two 8 inch round pans, baking for 25 minutes at 400:

1 1/2 cups garbanzo flour
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

As pizza fans, we love this version. Who knew gluten free could be so easy, and so good?

What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Comments

Mmm, it’s SO good! if it’s thin like this I just add it raw, brush with olive oil and it cooks with the pizza… if it’s thicker asparagus I might roast it first.

this is the best recipe I’ve ever seen!! No really, not lying!! You are hands down the best cook. Thank you for sharing your one of a kind recipe friend.

I made up some chickpea flour just for the purpose of trying socca pizzas. I love the artichoke on there. I don’t have any round pizza pans – I use the pizza stones so I’ll have to figure something out – maybe just a rectangle pizza.

I’ve probably complained about this before, but I can’t make socca… it does not work for me… I’ve tried quite a few times now!! *sighs*
    This does look amazing and I LOVE using different sauces for the pizza base!! Hummus is an awesome base too!!

what happens when you make it? :( I love hummus as a pizza base, and hummus + bbq sauce together… Mmm…

I love spinach on pizza too! and sometimes IN –> the last time I made socca for pizza it was a spinach socca! :)

YUM!! A must make. Seems simple and delicious. So glad you posted this today. Maybe I’ll make it Saturday night as pre-race fuel! My favorite toppings are mushrooms, green bell pepper and BASIL! Sometimes I like jalapenos, too. And really any veggie is good with me.

oh, I would LOVE if this inspires your pre race fuel – then it’s kinda like I’m THERE supporting you, in addition to cheering from afar <3

thanks, Gina! yes, socca is VERY versatile! I like to add spinach for extra protein, or maple syrup for a sweeter socca!

olives are definitely a classic pizza topper… YUM! yes, I hope you try socca soon – the skillet cooking method is my favorite, and it’s SO quick!

Wow, your photos look amazing, Kristina. I could almost taste the pizza-y goodness just looking at them! I love how creative you are when it comes to gluten-free cooking :)

thank you, Zoe!! :) I remember being totally LOST when I first went gluten free… but it’s getting easier and is pretty fun!! πŸ˜€

6. Kitty says

What a joy your blog is Kristina. Thank you,this will be wonderful to make for my gluten free sis in law and friend and me too.

My favourite pizza toppings are (being a sweet toothed lady) pineapple, slow roasted red pepper, pineapple sage,ripped basil leaves,small drizzle of chilli and garlic oil and lightly toasted walnuts on top oh yum. :)

well, Thank You Kitty! your sweet comment has made my day! I have been gluten free for a couple years now, and it gets easier and more fun every day!

7. Melissa says

Just checked out Cotter Crunch per your posting how great that brownie recipe is in a small portion. Thank you for the info and the lovely recipe for Socca. Can’t wait to try it. Have you ever prepared your own Garbanzo flour?

thank you, Melissa! I have not made my own garbanzo flour – is it easy to prepare? dried beans in a processor? :)

• Melissa says

That’s what I understand. I have yet to try it. A processor or high speed blender. If I try it I’ll let you know, do you think the fava in the flour mix makes a big difference?

I have no idea! doesn’t hurt to try without? yes, let me know if you try, and I’ll let you know if I do!

I made your Socca recipe yesterday–amazing! Used it as a “bun” for black bean veggie burgers, then went back for a snack of socca with melted soy cheddar on top. A new favorite easy and healthy last-minute-what-to-eat item!