irish cream cupcakes

You might be getting the idea I really like St Patrick’s Day, or that I am Irish? It’s neither, really, the other two posts today are really only because I create a lot of green food!

These? Yes, they are for St Patty’s, but more because I haven’t baked sweets in a while. May as well be festive! Plus I have a potluck I can take most of them to. Winning all around.

I sparked my inspiration last night with a Bailey’s Irish Cream – one for Jason, one for me.

Funny Bailey’s story – a few years ago Jason and I went to Vegas for a wedding, and our drink of choice on that trip was Bailey’s + coffee (I wanted to stay awake and alert for hours at the craps table). We were in first class for our flight home, and as we were waiting to depart the attendant came around asking for drink orders. Everyone gave theirs, and when we ordered our Bailey’s + coffee, people started turning around looking at us, calling out that they want that too, please change their order! We had the entire section of the plane drinking our drink, except for one poor guy who still wanted his JΓ€ger. He wasn’t done with Vegas, I guess.

irish cream cupcakes

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup agave
2 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup flour (gluten free ap)
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream

Whisk melted butter and agave, add eggs and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder, combine with butter sugar egg vanilla mixture until completely incorporated. Add irish cream. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.

Bake @ 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes clean. Makes 10-12 cupcakes.

Cool before frosting.

Also? Fill with chocolate before frosting:

irish cream frosting

8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3 teaspoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
coloring (optional)

Cream together butter and cream cheese, add irish cream. Add confectioners sugar in 1/2 cups until desired consistency is reached.

Happy St. Patty’s Day!

Comments

I know… we usually only have Bailey’s in the house around the holidays, so it was fun to have that flavor… Mmm…

*weee* we’re having fun over here!! I had just finished frosting them today when I heard the mailman drive up – I was able to run out and give him one!! πŸ˜€

hee! thanks! as much as I like natural, sometimes it’s fun to make colors not occurring in nature… πŸ˜€

haha I LOVE that plane story, that’s awesome :) And these cupcakes are so pretty! They look like they’re frosted in Grinch green haha that’s weird, but it’s the first thing I thought of when I saw them :)

yes – I don’t really edit color (ha – I use iPhoto to “edit”) so… yeah, these are really that green! I found some super fun BRIGHT colors at the baking shop! I like the Grinch! πŸ˜€

MMMMM Irish cream. Haven’t had that in eons. Jason used to work at a French restaurant and they had this special coffee drink called the Aloutte’s (name of restaurant). This was even before I drank coffee and that’s all I ever wanted for dessert. I don’t even know how many liquors and “creams” were in that thing πŸ˜‰

they are so good, right?? it really was good in Vegas – we still felt like we were having a cocktail, but we were staying sober and the coffee kept us up – we were at the craps table for 5 hours one night, and each of us up about $1300 each! it’s our lucky drink, perhaps?? πŸ˜€

ha! wouldn’t that be nice?? :) wait ONE more day… you can perhaps have one Saturday? I whipped that frosting on high for a long time… SO fluffy!!

thanks, Sophia! this is Much Brighter than my normal, natural green colored food, but I still like them!! πŸ˜€

“green day cupcakes” – ha! I suppose that’s better than Dookie Cupcakes.

GAAH ! I’m not even a “Green Day” fan… πŸ˜‰

I made cupcake the other day… where was this recipe when I needed it?! Geez! LOVE the green frosting and LOVE the drinks.

That is a great story… I have a feeling you’ve got a lot of them. πŸ˜‰

I do… I do!! πŸ˜‰ I’m (HOPEFULLY!) going to be one of those people sitting on my porch with a rocking chair… telling all of my life’s stories to anyone who will listen… :)

I love absolutely everything about this post! Well, I can’t imagine *wanting* to drink Bailey’s, but all the greens are totally seductive! The hue of the frosting… I don’t have any greens that go in that direction… what should we call it? I’m tempted to call it “ghostbuster green”, but I’ll hold out for the official word. πŸ˜‰

ha~! I have heard Shrek Green, and Zesty Lime Green! I like Ghostbuster Green also. and yep, totally not “occurring in nature” πŸ˜‰ but SO delicious!!