a new formula

I am still juicing twice a day, and for the last week or so, my focus has been on vegetables. I have been adding only one fruit to each juice full of veggies. Today’s juice had an additional fruit with the lemon, but lemon to me is more of an enhancement. :)

one fruit juice

serves three

2 large stalks broccoli
12 carrots
1 English cucumber
1 green apple
1 lemon

Juice and bask in the veggie energy goodness!

I want to send a BIG congratulations to my friend Heather, who ran her first half marathon yesterday – she finished with an amazing time, coming in 20th in her age group of 269, and 114 out of 1720!

Heather, you are a beautiful inspiration – enjoy your rest day!!

Comments

Beautiful juice! I wish that I were good about washing juicers, because I’m so envious when I see fresh juice on other people’s blogs. But I really, REALLY hate washing my juicer, so I donated it. Ha!

Hi Stephanie!! yep – if people REALLY don’t like washing the pieces (I understand – there are many!) or have other reasons, then they shouldn’t juice – it’s definitely not for everyone! when I had a kitchen that was too small for a juicer I would go treat myself to one at a juice bar every now and then… :)

That juice is totally my speed :)

I have cut down on fruit, and often don’t use any at all—I do add a little stevia though, just to cut some bitterness when I need to.

This looks like a great combo!

I added a little maple syrup to Jason’s juice once, because I thought he wouldn’t like it… it really brought out the flavors!!

I’m stalking through all your juice recipes bc i’m officially back on the juice market! I always get stuck on the same staples and I think that’s why I get sick of it after a couple months-so i’m excited to steal some of your genius recipes:)

oh, GOOD !! I have some pretty wild concoctions, but to me they all tasted good!! ( I had my first juice fail the other day… I won’t post juice that doesn’t taste good!!) πŸ˜€ excited for you and your juicing adventures – let me know which ones you try!! XO

I feel great!! πŸ˜€ juicing gives me energy and makes me feel good… and healthy. this one was really good – first time using broccoli – even Jason liked it!

thanks, it was delicious! I know what you mean – now I have a decent amount of counter space, but our last kitchen was way too small for a juicer … :)

gosh, do I miss the day I finished my first half marathon. :) she must be feeling on top of the world! go, Heather!

do you use a juicer? I’d so love to get on the juicin’ train. unfort, I only have a blender…

yes, I use a juicer. then I sometimes take the juice and add it to my blender full of spinach, to make a “juice smoothie” of sorts… πŸ˜€

I know that feeling – I used to run races and LOVE that high – you can carry that with you for a week or longer!!

We stopped at Daily Juice in Austin on our way out of town this morning and I thought of you! I was wildly jealous of their powerful juicer behind the counter.

I’m excited to go read Heather’s race recap…

yes, I’m sure they have a great one… I think of them about half the time I’m selecting my “daily juice” category :)

I love that juicing gets me SO many nutrients + veggies – it would take me all day to eat all the veggies I juice each day! :) hope you have a fabulous week, Holly!!

I love all these juices you keep posting! I don’t have a juicer, and likely never will because I know they are a lot of upkeep to wash each time and I’m lazy like that. Still very fun to see the combos you come up with! :)

hi Aimee!! I’m glad you like them :) I have said many times, juicing is not for everybody! so many people say they don’t like cleaning the juicer parts (I don’t mind it, I have it down to a very quick process, plus I love the fresh juice so much it’s worth it to me!) or various other reasons for not wanting to juice… then YEP, they shouldn’t juice!! :) before I had a kitchen that was big enough to accommodate a juicer, I would regularly go to a juice bar to get my fresh juice, and that’s what I tell people to do if they don’t want to juice on their own. πŸ˜€

I totally know what you mean, Ashley! our last kitchen was WAY too small for a juicer OR the space to even chop vegetables! :) I made a space for mine now, since I use it generally twice a day! :)

I miss it if I can’t juice… we were out all weekend and I wasn’t able to juice as much. it has become an essential part of my day :)

hi Toni! we are on our second juicer – we started out with a “juiceman” which is a good juicer. we recently upgraded to the Breville, here –> Breville Juice Fountain – and I like it better for many reasons – the “mouth” is large enough for a whole apple – no chopping needed, it is VERY efficient in that the pulp is very dry and it yields a larger amount of juice… it comes with a firm brush to scrub, it’s very easy to clean. (I have a rule – I clean / rinse all of the pieces before I have my juice!) πŸ˜€

oh, good… I’m glad you said that – when I changed my “formula” to one fruit only, I was still adding lemon sometimes, but would laugh and think, okay, that’s two! :)

I’m excited for tomorrow!!

I believe I may be the last food blogger not to juice or have a green monster! I may have to convince my husband that I need just.one.more kitchen appliance – a juicer! πŸ˜€

I do what I can… πŸ˜‰ Natalia I hope you are able to get a juicer soon and enjoy these – I am LOVING juicing, having (at least!) two a day!