raw apple crisp

Basil is blushing with all the adoration you gave him yesterday… aw, that pup is one of my very favorites.

Another favorite of mine? Jason. He likes apples. and caramel. and dessert after dinner. Okay, we rarely have dessert after dinner, but when you make this kind of dessert you can have it and feel great about it!

raw apple crisp

serves two

2 apples, sliced horizontally and cored
1/2 cup raw cashews
6-7 Medjool dates, pitted
1 tablespoon maple syrup
caramel sauce

Pulse cashews, dates and maple syrup in food processor until sticky crumbly texture forms. Stack apple with cashew date mixture between each slice, drizzle with caramel sauce.

caramel sauce

2 tablespoons lucuma powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup

Stir until lucuma dissolves.

Mmm… this was so delicious. It will be recreated all summer long, with all kinds of fruit.

Do you have a favorite dessert that I can veganize or reconstruct in a raw form?

Fun links around the web:

To celebrate 10 years of UK Glamour, Krispy Kreme made a pretty pink doughnut, the Glamour Glaze.

Have a hard time boiling eggs (or peeling them after?) Danica has the secret to The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg.

Happy Wednesday!!

thanks, Lindsay! I love them too… lucuma is amazing and earthy and delicious… and I could eat apples and dates every day!

That looks beautiful and delicious! I love the colors…and lucuma is a great addition.
    I’m not much of a dessert person lately (which is just plain crazy!), but I’m a big fan of chocolate avocado pudding…I mostly eat it for breakfast or lunch though!

I have not made chocolate avocado pudding in FAR too long!! I should get on that… yes, the lucuma is SO good… it is an earthy caramely flavor that we like better than actual caramel!! we don’t eat dessert often… every now and then I get a craving though!

lucuma is a powder made from a fruit… used as a sweetener but is low in actual sugar… and has iron, niacin and beta carotene. I’m currently writing a post about some of my uncommon foods… :)

My goodness, this looks fantastic! Right up my alley. I love making raw treats for an afternoon snack. They give me a perfect dose of energy and are light and fantastic! I can’t wait to try this tonight, I have all the ingredients :)

thanks, Sophia!! tastespotting didn’t like it… :) although I am on tastespotting today for my spinach pancakes, WEE !! I may try others… I really like that shot too!

I love it!! :) I like the “Mother Earth Gets A Hug” and I agree with all the “to juice” except taking it to go… to benefit from all the nutrients, fresh juicing should be consumed within 20-30 minutes. mine is gone in three :) and I think I’ve got the variety thing down… πŸ˜€
      conversely, I do agree with the other list also… a friend was asking me about juicing recently, and is wondering if she would use a juicer enough AND even like the juice! I suggested she visit a juice bar we have downtown, it’s close to her work and she can get one every day… just to see if she likes it… if yes, then she has a friend she could borrow a juicer from, to see if she’d actually use it.
      as far as waste goes, yes, there is some… I have started RE-JUICING the pulp, and it does produce more juice! I also save the pulp and use it in baking and cooking.
      but yes, the second list illustrates that juicing is not for everyone. I LOVE IT !!

thanks for sharing this!! happy thursday to you!

thank you Lori!! so you are one of the few that use lucuma… are you ever able to find it in stores? I always get mine online… I have so many readers asking what it is and where they can get it and I’d love to be able to tell them to look around in stores… not everyone likes to shop online LIKE I DO !! πŸ˜€ thanks for reading!

• says

I love lucuma. I actually did get mine online but I’ve seen it at Whole Foods- I think in the baking section where the raw cacao powder is! Otherwise amazon is a great resource.. πŸ˜‰

thanks, that’s great to know it is at WF – I’ll look there next time… I always get mine online… I don’t mind shopping online, but I don’t want to assume everyone will. :)

thank you, Chef! I love green apples, and I love pretty food, too! this has become our favorite dessert lately!