vanilla apple sauce muffins

Yesterday we experienced almost every kind of weather possible!

The snow started early, like 5am – a lot of big fluffy flakes – it was awesome. Then it went away, we had sunshine and blue skies and Basil and I had a great long walk. We came back just in time, there was a massive hail storm in the afternoon, and thunder. More snow in the late afternoon. I heard there was an earthquake near Mt. St. Helens and black ice was on the late night schedule…

Old Man Oregon was cranky yesterday!

Look at those huge snow flakes!

In case Jason actually drives in to work today, he has more protein muffins to keep him energized.

vanilla apple sauce muffins

makes 10-12 muffins

1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup (2 packets) vanilla protein
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
2 apples, chopped

Mix protein protein powder, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. In separate bowl, whisk eggs, add applesauce. Β Blend with dry ingredients. Combine thoroughly, add apple chunks. Spoon into prepared muffin tins/cups, 3/4 full.

Bake @ 350 for 25 minutes.

What’s the weather like where you are? :)

Comments

Oh I love those muffins with the chunks of apples. Nice. Yesterday was 72 degrees and humid. I forgot about humidity! We’ve definitely had crazy crazy weather like yours before. We’re the land of “If you don’t like the weather, just wait five minutes.”

ha – yes, that phrase has been said a lot here too! so crazy. I loved seeing the snow, though, especially pretty this time. and it went as quickly as it came – by noon it was all gone – so that’s nice too! wow… 72 degrees… I’m jealous… perfect running weather!!

holy cow, that’s cold!! yikes… hopefully no snow / ice… take care and stay warm! maybe make these muffins – ha! πŸ˜‰

wow- that’s a lot of snow! It’s springlike right now in Dallas. Lows in the 60s, highs in the 70s…but you just never know when it might change. I could use a GF muffin right now! I LOVE apple baked goods. xo

weather is a crazy thing! it’s sunny here today, but cold. and dry. I hear there’s more snow in the forecast through the weekend… Obama is flying in tomorrow to visit, speak and tour Intel… so we’ll probably get a TON of snow then. πŸ˜‰ Jason is staying home to stay away from the circus of building lockdowns, street closures and secret service shenanigans. :)

these aren’t the prettiest… πŸ˜‰ I make these on purpose really dense, we like them that way for the protein… if I was making them for others or more like a regular muffin, I’d still use coconut flour but not as much, and I always mix with another flour, like an almond meal or a gf all purpose… something “thicker”, not silky like a tapioca or rice flour.

so… pretty? not too much, but delicious? yes! (ha – now I sound like that Fiber One guy…) πŸ˜€

I heard about your snow and I was a bit jealous!
    We haven’t seen any yet, but the forecast shows snow for the next three day. It probably wont stick, but it will be perfect for spending my weekend on the couch with a book :)

I hope you get the kind of snow we had… it was BEAUTIFUL !! huge flakes. even better that it doesn’t stick… our ground was white for a while, I think everything was gone by noon or soon after. :) sounds like a relaxing weekend – enjoy it!!

These sound tasty! Your weather sounds like ours yesterday. We had a gorgeous warm morning, then crazy wind, rain, snow with thunder, and more wind. This morning is blue and gorgeous again (but snow is forecast for the next few days).

we kinda have snow in the forecast too?? I don’t know… there was more again this morning really early (5am) but not enough to even mess with the morning commute. just enough to make Basil’s paws cold :)

the muffins are a hit with Jason! :) our snow yesterday was PERFECT… it was big and pretty and peaceful quiet for a few hours… then by noon? all gone! :)

love the apple chunks in muffins… and yes… vanilla is always good! :) hope you’re having an awesome Thursday, Christin!!

oh goodness girl….I wish I ate eggs so I can fluff up coconut flour like this! These look so healthy, tasty and fluffy!! What a cute little muffin for a chilly winter day πŸ˜‰

We are to get snow here today too 😐 We already had a hail storm! Hudson just hates it!

xxoo

Basil is the same way… we have sky light windows, and if it hails and its loud he gets freaked out!! he’ll sit my the sliding glass and watch the deck turn white… I should try to make these with a chia or flax egg… I wonder…??

they’re doughy… and dense at the same time, if that makes sense?? when I made the berry protein muffins Jason LOVED them, so I based these off of that texture.. they’re good!

I was reading the post above and scrolled down to comment and saw the title and picture and started acting like pavlov’s dog…I could totally go for one of these right now-why am I not your neighbor?!

hee – love it! I think these make Jason act like Pavlov’s dog too… :) …and I topped them with peanut butter this morning, so – BASIL wanted them too!