apple cheese danish

In my Superbowl Series, one of the sweets will be this easy to prepare dessert that tastes fabulous ANDthat dough IS vegan!

apple cheese danish

filling #1:

1/2 cup Tofutti creme cheese

filling #2:

3-4 apples, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup earth balance
2 tablespoons lucuma powder
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

dough:

1 tube Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls

Melt earth balance in sauté pan. Add lucuma powder, brown sugar and cinnamon, stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to thicken. Add apple slices, cook on medium-low heat for several minutes, until apples begin to soften.

Place individual crescents in a line with points facing out. Fill middle with creme cheese, then top with apple mixture.
Fold points over and seal.

Bake @ 375 for 17-20 minutes or until fully cooked.

YUM:

My favorite childhood treat was a pastry – especially a cheese danish.

What is your favorite sweet?

Comments

Oh, I’m wishing this were my breakfast today! I loooved apple danish when I was a youngster. Although, I think I’d have to leave the cream cheese out. I can’t get into cheese danish!

yes… I don’t think I could ever make this without other people around… because I WOULD eat it all. serious.

THIS. This is another reason I love you. My all-time favorite treat as a kid was a cream cheese Danish OR an apple Danish, and you’ve combined them. (I wouldn’t touch cherry-filled anything as a kid.) Random. And awesome. <3

thanks, Holly – and YES – it’s very easy! I totally remember those pies… I used to love the lemon one. ew! :)

I used to love cheese danishes from mcdonalds…and you couldn’t pay me to eat that now! Gross!
    My fave now is probably a whole grain cookie—my oh my, how things change :)

wow… those must have been a regional thing? all I remember were those apple pie things. which were also gross… :)

Another mouth watering recipe! I love apple turnovers, and am planning to make some tonight (the cheating way though), so this speaks to my mouth!! As for favorite sweet? There are many, but I am not a fan of candy. I am a cookie/cake person for sure.

thank you! yes, I love turnovers too… and totally not cheating! :) just… getting to finish and EAT them faster!! :)

hee! glad I could help… one of these days I want to tackle making my own puff pastry… just to say I did… 😀

thanks for a spectacular idea! I’m making this but using the organic cherry pie filling I canned over the summer. And, I’m taking it to a party so I won’t eat it all! ha ha!

hi Jacki – good idea, whenever I make these I make sure to have people around to share it… or I could easily eat it all in a day! enjoy!