green citrus smoothie

in dachshund, daily juice, daily smoothie, recipes, Second Breakfast, Smoothie

Today’s daily juice / daily smoothie was fabulous! It was very tasty and I’m still feeling energetic!

In other news, our river remains at a comfortable level.

green citrus smoothie

3 apples
1 lemon, peeled
3 large handfuls fresh spinach
1 scoop wheat grass
1 scoop lemon lime Superfood

Juice apples and lemon. Blend with spinach and powders. Get caught by a runner taking photos of your smoothie on the top deck in your yard. Slink back inside and drink…

If you take photos of your food, have you ever been caught or questioned?

Also? you must watch this video… my friend Jill¬†shared it with me, and it made me SO happy:

1 Theresa @ActiveEggplant February 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I.am.in.love.with.that.puppy.
Could he be any cuter?! Dottie is terrified of water…so no cute bath videos from her.

2 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Basil tolerates his baths… but he LOVES our swim pool!! :D

3 lindsay February 1, 2011 at 1:06 pm

oh my gosh! CUTEST THING EVER!

4 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:41 pm

isn’t it?? I so need to make a video of Basil… maybe not at bath time, but…

5 Andreas February 1, 2011 at 1:07 pm

My good…so cute!

6 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm

I know!! it seriously made me SO happy!!

7 Carly @ CarlyBananas February 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm

That is so cute OMG. It makes me want to go home and bathe little Fin, except he would just stand there staring at me until I let him out of the tub.

8 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:27 pm

ha! like, what?? are you expecting me to DO something in here?? why are you FILMING me?? :)

9 Christin@purplebirdblog February 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I *love* that Regina song and that bath video is the cutest thing ever ever EVER!!!!

I have totally had people ask me why I’m photographing my food… when I tell them I have a blog I have gotten so many mixed reponses! Confused, intrigued, weirded, excited… it’s always interesting to me. :)

10 Christin@purplebirdblog February 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

*responses* lol… ;)

11 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:26 pm

ah, yes… the “I have a blog” statement. always a fun one!! :)

12 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin February 1, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Yes, all the time. i was once in an airport and this lady was staring me down as I snapped some photos of my meal. It turned out she was the flight attendant on my flight and totally called me out.

13 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:26 pm

hee! I suppose we do look weird… I felt really silly out on my deck… :D

14 Amanda @ Vegacious February 1, 2011 at 3:38 pm

YOUR juices are making my mouth water! I do believe a major purchase is in my future very soon……

15 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm

thank you! I love to be a juicing inspiration! *I emailed you earlier

16 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 1, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I don’t know why, but all the green smoothies/juice drinks are just really calling to me lately. I’ve never ever craved anything like that. I wonder if it’s the running vs the lifting changes in my routine?

17 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I was wondering that when you said it the other day… aren’t cravings sometimes something your body is needing? :)

18 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit February 1, 2011 at 7:53 pm

If I may – Kristina is right in a sense, your body will naturally crave things it needs. Depending on where you live, if it’s beginning to get a bit warmer outside, our bodies will jump into spring mode aka cleansing time. Natural cleanses are brought on by drinking greens – cleans out the mucus buildup from the winter throughout our entire body.

I went through a similar greens craving phase when I began running. Greens contain high amounts of vitamin K, vitamin K is needed for bone development and is used by the blood, sort of like blood ‘food’ in a way – makes the blood vessels flexible and healthy. The only thing I could connect is that because you’re running [demanding on your structural system, or, bones] your body needs more vitamin K to build up. Also, because you’re pumping more oxygen into your blood by breathing heavy and more frequently, your blood needs more food. This is a simple way of explaining it… but hope that answers it a bit for ya. :)

19 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm

thank you, Leanne! you are awesome <3

20 Heather (Where's the Beach) February 2, 2011 at 5:11 am

Thanks so much!!!

21 Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit February 1, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Yes. I’ve gotten the weirdest looks from people. I used to take pictures of my food in the back window of our house. This window is directly across from our neighbors kitchen. They’d stand there and watch me take pictures for hours. Meh….

I love that you have a river flowing behind your home. That’s so beautiful. I have cows behind the fence of my backyard. Not as tranquil, but definitely great to watch!

22 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm

yes, the river is VERY tranquil… MOST of the time!! not when it’s rushing fast and high enough to come into the yard… which has only happened once in the time we’ve lived here (knock knock!) I think cows would be sweet and calming too… there were cows across from my great grandma’s house, and I always loved going up to their fence and “talking” to them. :)

taking photos of our food… just a quirky thing we do, and we deal with the weirdness! :D

23 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons February 1, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Totally got laughed at by my server this weekend for photographing my greek falafel platter the second it was put infront of me. Helloooo it was gorgeous! =) hehe

was there rum in todays smoothie dear? bahahaha!

24 spabettie February 1, 2011 at 8:32 pm

haa haa!! never rum. no rum in my house!! on a warm summer day, I can be found with a crisp cool vodka soda lime… ;)

I get looks from servers all the time, when I pick up my camera as they’re setting plates down. in the nicer restaurants, I am more discreet, and wait until they’ve gone. Jason knows, and is EXTREMELY patient and cool. :)

25 S @ extremebalance.net/blog February 1, 2011 at 9:17 pm

oh.

I wanted a short-haired dachshund for years. And then I decided it was too much responsibility on my own, because I didn’t want either of us to be chained by the experience.

And now, the URGE has come roaring back. Oh, thank you, Kristina—this made my night!!!!

(And I’m a super-self-conscious photographer at the best of times, so yes, I feel odd. But your “juice vs river” juxtaposition was just awesome. Well played!)

26 Dad February 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

That was enjoyable to watch! Reminded me of our doxie so much. I miss him.