a good start

Good Morning! I hope everyone’s week is starting off in a happy and positive way!

Mine started with a delicious and colorful breakfast.

I roasted half a butternut squash with maple syrup, and made more spinach pancakes.

Basil and I bundled up and went for our run. Part of the trail by our house has been closed all summer, and it was repaved and open last week. This is the much larger half, so we were excited to use it again. It was closed today, but we’re hoping it’s almost ready to be open for good. So we made a couple “laps” of the shorter end.

On our run I planned Second Breakfast – my daily juice!

You all know the only way I’ll eat a banana like that is in juice, oatmeal or baked in something wonderful. So I juiced a bunch of fruit + veg, then blended it with that banana.

Post Run Chiller

serves two

5 carrots
5 stalks celery
2 green apples
1 lemon, peeled
1 grapefruit, peeled
1 beet

Blend with 1 banana.

This was a full Vitamix container of juice when finished – serves two – but I drank it all myself. πŸ˜€

Steph’s bake sale is in full swing today – bidding goes on until 9pm tonight!

My butter toffee blondies are up for bid, and as always, you know I cannot send a package without adding all kinds of fun goodies! πŸ˜€

The bake sale benefits Team In Training and The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – go check it out!

HAD to look at the recipe for spinach pancakes! That color has me super intrigued! I got my kids to admit they LOVED their Green Goblins this morning (Green Monsters..just re-named to suit their taste in comic book villains) so now I’m excited to re-vamp old favorites to add more of the good greens!

Green Goblins – I LOVE it!! You could add some applesauce to these spinach pancakes, or something sweet, to make them a more traditional pancake with a great color that kids would love! As I made them, they are more savory. :)

GO PACKERS ! πŸ˜€ yes… or perhaps you can get a more YELLOW squash of some sort – to go with the green?? πŸ˜€

I have always loved bananas, but can only eat them “plain” if they are totally yellow, a little green, not ripe! :) they have a totally different taste! :)

would it be bad if I had this again for lunch? the butternut squash was SO good… πŸ˜€

hee! yep – my Jason is our ripe banana eater. πŸ˜‰ there are FREE bananas in the cafe at his work, so… that means I sometimes have to find other uses for them! πŸ˜€

dude. You run a dachshund?!? How far can the little man go?? That’s awesome! I used to dogsit for a dachshund, and I had to carry her on the first half of the walk. Then, when we were far enough from home and heading back, she was in for the stroll because we were heading back to where the dinner bowl lived. I think Basil is better behaved. :)

hee!! yes – Basil keeps up pretty well – we start out in a jog, and as I get faster he looks up at me as if to say “oh, okay, we’re really doing this?? let’s go!” and he starts running fast – where both back legs go together, like a bunny. πŸ˜€ so cute. we usually stay at slower pace, and of course he stops to sniff… and right now? he is SACKED OUT. πŸ˜€

they’re good! the spinach taste is there, but subtle… adding sweetener (applesauce, etc) would probably mask the flavor to make a more traditional pancake. I loved them as a savory, and my thought in making them was to use them for sandwich “bread” – my favorite so far is hummus and tomato!

you should give them a try!

Your breakfast is so colorful! I would love to get my own Juicer someday..all the fabulous combinations you could come up with me are amazing..and SO YUMMY for you :)

I LOVE vibrant and colorful food!! πŸ˜€ I’m pretty addicted to my juicer – I sometimes juice more than once a day…

it was GOOD… I refrained from having this again for lunch, even though I really really wanted to!! πŸ˜€

I can’t get over the fact that the pancakes are so green! It’s great. I would love to eat such a colorful breakfast plate.

I’m giving away a $10 Gardein (vegan products) gift card on my site. Check it out if you have any interest in their products. Cheers.