carrot bread

I’m going to acquire a nice tan color if I keep eating this many carrots…

After juicing this morning, I saved the carrot pulp.

Bright and beautiful!

Every time I clean my juicer I think about the pulp and what I could do with it. I think this is a good start!

carrot bread

1 cup oats (Bob’s Red Mill gluten free)
1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups carrot juice pulp
1 banana, mashed
1 egg (Ener-G replacer)
1/3 cup agave

Mix oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon. In separate bowl, mix carrot, banana, prepared egg and agave.

Combine with dry ingredients until incorporated. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake @ 350 for 50-55 minutes.

This bread has a warm spiciness from the cinnamon. It has a nice crunch with a soft delicious center.

I’m happy with how this loaf turned out, and as I am juicing every day, I will be saving more pulp and experimenting more! I have some fun ideas…

If you juice, have you ever used the pulp?

Comments

Oh yummmm. I don’t juice. But I all of a sudden have an urge to buy a juicer. And I’m excited to see what else you make from the pulp!

I tried to use my pulp to make muffins once, and it was a major, major fail. Since then I’ve just thrown it away, but it always feels so wasteful! I’ll have to try out your recipe!

Ya, you definitely are making me want to buy a juicer. an I used shredded carrots instead? I migh try this with Bob’s GF flour or amranath flour. YUM!

• says

yes, I think you definitely could… you may want to reduce the carrots a bit, maybe 1 1/2 cups, since they’ll have more moisture… amaranth would be great!

Bummer, I have almost all of these ingredients, except the juice or a juicer. I do have carrots though, would I be able to do something with that or blend them up in a magic bullet?

5. Carbzilla says

Love it. I forgot that I could juice carrots again on WW (I was lowering my sugar before). I always thought about making crackers with my leftover pulp but I always just ended up putting them in the worm bin instead.

6. Tim says

I have never thought of using the pulp after juicing, but I am going to do it now and I am starting with this bread! looks fantastic thankyou!