Café Yumm!

We had a busy Thursday. When I started to think about dinner, something suddenly came up.

Jason called on his way home, and we decided on one of our favorites for quick and healthy eats – a cute and casual place called Café Yumm. The menu includes bowls, wraps, bento, salads and sandwiches, but for me, it is all about the bowl.

Their signature is the Original Bowl – organic brown rice, organic black beans, Tillamook cheddar, diced tomato, fresh avocado slices, sour cream, black olives, cilantro, Yumm! sauce and salsa. This is the one I usually choose, without cilantro and olives.

Perfectly savory, or as they say, Soul Satisfying. The Yumm! Sauce is amazing – a garlicy lemony goodness. Amazing and unique flavor.

I generally order the large bowl, eat half, and save the other half to eat in five minutes later. Because I also get a tofu skewer:

So delicious!

The first Café Yumm started in Eugene, Oregon (Go Ducks!), where there are now several locations. We have a few here in the Portland area, and they are also in Bend and Corvallis.
If you’re ever in the area

What’s your favorite quick food place that’s not fast food?

Cafe Yumm on Urbanspoon

Cafe Yumm! on Urbanspoon

Depends on the type of food we’re craving at the time! We have a place for every type of food. Usually our options are quick, but there is one Indian/Pakistani place we love that takes forever because there is just one cook, and they’re quite popular. Show up after 7, and expect to wait for HOURS. 😛

That food looks amazing – almost homemade. I wish there was a Cafe Yumm by me.

I love Moe’s Soutwestern Grill. Their tacos are heavenly to me.

I have heard of Moe’s … we don’t have those here! :) Most of Cafe Yumm you CAN make at home, but the YUMM sauce is the kicker… so SO good!!

I want Cafe Yumm! It looks so healthy and delicious!
    hmm…not very many places! Probably Sharkeys Mexican grill. They make taco bowls too.

I’M My own fast food though! lol
    I cook even when I don’t have time!

haaaaa haaaaa… really?? that is hilarious! (I’m totally commenting SO late, but I remember this and meant to comment back, I don’t know what happened??)

yep – the tofu skewers here are fantastic…

Sounds YUMM. I like Chipotle for black bean & rice bowls with LOTS of guac and shredded perfectly lettuce AND Pei Wei for Asian rice or noodle dishes. Do they have those in Portland?

we DO have Chipoodle here, and we LOVE it… I don’t think we have Pei Wei.. I’m going to have to look, because SO many people talk about it. I have to know all the good places, you know. It’s just the way I am. 😉

oh, you SO need to try Cafe Yumm… ( this is me replying a month and a half later… have you been yet??) it is SO good…

hope all is going good with you, and that your computer issues are over! XXO

5. assistantdoc says

I love love love the Original bowl from Cafe Yumm. I had to put myself on a forced break because I was eating there EVERY DAY for lunch. It is so good I crave it. The Ruben sammie with Seitan is super good and they have amazing vegan ginger cookies there too. Total deliciousness.

• assistantdoc says

Yes we do. Eric and I want to go out with you and Jason for lunch or dinner very soon. Ooops, I meant Tempeh Rubin not Seitan. Either way the sammie is delicious. Lets plan something.

That looks so simple yet so delicious and fresh. I wish we had a place like that.

Lately I’ve been loving two local deli/markets that offer an array of fresh made sandwiches and salads. Both have lots of veggie and gluten free options so it’s nice to see something thats made right in front of you but also wont kill your waistline or wallet.

if you were in Portland… she says in a sing song voice 😉

I love places that make fresh things to order… and you can watch them… that’s like this place. so simple, fresh, and delicious!

7. Carbzilla says

I’m gonna totally make that at home ( though I love the thought of having everything chopped for me). What size do you usually order?