photo project page

First of all, will you look at that bird?? I took this photo in our yard the other day – from our back deck.

You may not be able to tell, but that bird is bigger than Basil.

Look at how he’s looking at me…

I am becoming more and more interested in photography, and I want to actually learn what I am doing! Jason gave me photography classes for the holidays that I cannot wait to begin!

To start the new year, I am doing a 365 Project. I am taking a photo a day, and I have started a page on spabettie to document and for you to follow along. πŸ˜€

In college I played tennis every day at Mountain Park Racquet Club.
I went to the same spot on the deck that overlooked a big hill, and took the same photo at the same time each day. I did this just about every day, and I had several years worth of photos that spanned the seasons and changes. Stunning sunsets, bright snow, colorful leaves, beautiful green.

I am very excited about this project.

I will be designing a new page, along with some other changes that are coming to spabettie. Until then, the page is here, with the first five photos!

Have you ever participated in a project like this – photography or otherwise?

Have you ever seen a bird that big?

That bird is huge!!!!!! I have never done any type of photography-my fiance is starting to get into it (I bought him a cannon rebel for his “starter”)-I want to steal it one of these days and learn how to use it though!

I’m with you! I just have to learn how to hold still and focus…. (and compose, light, present). But other than that, I’m good!

COOL pic! I’d ask you what kind of lens you have, but I wouldn’t understand your answer πŸ˜€

Nice job!

3. Lynn says

That, I believe, is a Great Blue Heron. Cant see all of him/her or the beak so kind of hard to be sure. I love those birds, so graceful and calming. She was probably checking out your creek there for any lunch!! Lovely!! I cant wait to see your pics when you start taking classes!! You are already great!

• says

Hi Lynn!! :) yes, I think so… my mom has them in her yard frequently, they have a big pond… we see some big birds taking off from the lake out past the property, but this was the first time one has come close… yes, if you are picturing our yard, you know this was RIGHT ABOVE the creek! I tried to get other angles that included the beak – he watched me for a while then flew away…

Love this idea! You know how much I love taking photos. I’m looking forward to seeing everything you capture through your lens. And let us know how the photography classes go once you begin them! xo

Thanks for stopping by my blog to take a peak at my mixed version of a 365!

Best of luck with your photos 365. I’ve never attempted a strictly-photos version, but have had friends that have. Some stuck it out for the full year, some gave up in August and even as late as September. I think those who resolved to just stick with it no matter what, were really pleased with themselves & their results at the end. So my only advice is to “just stick with it!”

Have fun & be sure to keep in touch! ~ Sandie

• says

I have been wondering if I’ll run out of subjects… but I see more walks and fun “field trips” in my day because of this! :) I hope I will (and can) stick with it… I would hope if I made it to September, I can make it the full 365… πŸ˜€