mango maca shake

At 5:30 in the morning, all I should be operating is my VitaMix. Good thing Jason and I both want smoothies for First Breakfast…

mango maca shake

serves two

1 large fresh mango
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup coconut water
2 scoops vanilla protein
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon lucuma powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Combine in blender. Enjoy!

Even better served in Imperial Pints:

What are your favorite smoothie ingredients?

Comments

I love maca in smoothies! I actually used it on some sweet potatoes on a post I’m writing now!

I love cacao and peanut butter in smoothies, and always gotta have that frozen banana!

YUM! I’ve never used fresh mango in my smoothies – great idea. I love doing them with frozen bananas, strawberries, pineapple, milk and a little peanut butter! mmm.

• says

I wanted mango, and asked Jason to bring me some frozen the other day, thinking there would be no fresh… he brought home three fresh ones, and this first one tasted great! It was a nice surprise!

I’m a huge fan of smoothies! I also know tons of “recipes” b/c I work at an ice cream/treat shop in the summer and we sell smoothies (ice and fruit based) like mad.

My personal fav. smoothie ingredients = peaches, mango, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. I tend to avoid bananas unless I need to use them up b/c their flavor is so strong it kind of takes over everything else!

4. jord says

Spinach and summer berries, mangoes, almond milk. Never pineapple or banana, though (allergic to the first and have a illogical hatred of the second). :)

• says

I love chia also!! I like it better when I make them into a gel THEN blend into the smoothie… thicker without so many… blobs. πŸ˜‰ spirulina is great, I haven’t had it in a while!

You’re killing me with that smoothie! I have been craving a smoothie like mad lately, but I have zero groceries in this house with which to make one. Seriously. I thank I will be eating slices of bread tomorrow. The situation is dire!

• says

oh, no! well, I don’t have any BREAD in my house, so… I’m doing a smoothie and or juicing at least once a day now, and I LOVE it! I already have one planned for tomorrow morning. πŸ˜€

• says

haaaa! yes. you write Macca, then I think Mucca… oh, gosh, I’ve gone too far and I don’t even like Heather Mills!

my Vita is pretty quiet :) or were you still talking about Paul McCartney? πŸ˜‰ okay, OKAY! I LOVE his music!

I am a morning person… I like to get my day started… it’s more difficult being up about 2 hours before sunrise, but… I still like it :)

yummmmm! Bananas are crucial for me. And one of my favorite smoothies from the Daily Juice in Austin is blueberry, banana, apple, brown rice protein, spirulina, flax oil and peanut butter. IT IS AMAZING. Billy’s favorite, too. :)

Omg i just posted about coconut water! this is a perfect recipe! and my last post, i posted about mango softserve..but that had banana in it. As much a i love banana softserve, in other smoothies, the banana “takes over” the flavors and i love that you ommitted it. And maca, it does a body good. I dig that.

At 530am most days, i havent been to bed yet. Call me a night owl :)