fondue

Gruyere cheese. My favorite…

Cheese and apples? A perfect combination.

Check out this HUGE grape!

Grapes are another favorite of mine. Do you ever freeze them?

Grapes remind me of summertime at Grandpa and Grandma Z’s house…

Grapes in fondue. This was a new combination to me, and it is good.

spabettie fondue

1/2 pound Gruyere
1/2 pound Emmentaler
1 tablespoon flour (Bob’s Red Mill gluten free)
1 1/2 cups dry white wine

Finely grate cheeses. Coat shredded cheese with flour. Bring wine to a boil. Constantly stirring, slowly add cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted to make a fondue.

Dippers, or fondue vehicles

sliced apples, grapes, carrots, broccoli, bread cubes.

Jason found an amazing rosemary potato bread.

My favorite? The broccoli and the grapes.

Do you like fondue?

Which team – cheese or chocolate?

Comments

I love fondue, and have had it a few times – once with a family from Quebec, and another time at that Melting Pot restaurant.

As someone with a big sweet tooth, I’d choose chocolate over cheese, but that grape and cheese combination sounds delicious.

I love any kind of fondue! Horrifying story- the only thing my husband knows how to cook is a fondue consisting of Velveeta (oh the horror!), cream cheese, and Ice House Beer. He says it HAS to be Ice House or it doesn’t taste right. I let him make it for me every once in a while then I scrape my arteries clean after πŸ˜‰

3. assistantdoc says

I am a huge Fondue fan!! I Love Cheese Fondue for dinner and Chocolate for dessert! I am a fan of both equally :-) Our fav place to go have Fondue is Urban Fondue in The Pearl Dist. Awesome place. Amazingly delicious. Sadly, I have never made it at home. Yours looks amazing. I might have to attempt this.

4. Lynn says

I havent had fondue since I was a child! We would have cheese fondue, and I also remember my mom putting sizzling oil in it and we would sizzle bits of steak! Yumm! I just thought it was the bee’s knees!!! Oh and the thought of biting into a frozen grape makes me cringe! Not the taste, just the cold! They do make for a good ice cube though, like in a cocktail! :)

There’s a fondue place in Dallas we used to always go to in middle school with big groups – such fun. I haven’t been in years but I think Billy would love it so I want to take him sometime soon. :) Frozen grapes make my sensitive teeth hurt. :( But I love regular grapes!

Yummy! I have only really enjoyed chocolate fondue, but then I haven’t really made proper fondue (with wine) before. Will have to pull out the old fondue pot and give this a go.

Cheese vs. Chocolate would be a TOUGH ONE.

I would probably say chocolate but my favorite cheese dipper is apple. I would never have thought to try grapes.

Your fondue looks amazing – I should make it one day!