Canyon Ranch Spa

We ate many of our vacation breakfasts at Canyon Ranch Grill, part of the spa at the Venetian. Jason began each day with a double espresso. Then another. πŸ˜‰

I started my days with fresh juice – apple, carrot, beet and ginger – just like at home

Fresh juice is one of the Most Beautiful Things. To me.

Started breakfast with fresh fruit.

Jason had the Frittata del Giorno – baked Italian omelet with cheese and asparagus, potatoes.

and hot sauce.

I chose the most amazing thing… the Breakfast Relleno –
poblano chile, organic eggs, served over polenta.

This was so flavorful – I love rellenos – and the polenta was perfect and went well with the chile.

__________________________________

One day on vacation, I spent a luxurious few hours at Canyon Ranch Spa.

The spa is amazing.

As a spa director, I have been lucky enough to manage the opening of a major resort spa. As a client, I very much appreciate the attention to detail and the variety of amenities of a large – scale spa.

The Canyon Ranch Spa at The Venetian is truly world class. They assign you your locker, you change into your robe, and you enter another level of relaxation:

I got into my fluffy robe, and found my way to the Crystal Steam Room, then dipped into the HydroSpa. Warmed and happy, I wandered down the hall to a lounge. I selected an apple and ice water, and sank into a chair to relax.

Within a few minutes, I was guided down another hallway to the Conservatory – a larger co-ed are of chairs, lounges, music, more fruit and beverages.

I spent a few minutes at a skin care station, sampling lovely product, then made my way to the Salt Grotto, one of my favorite areas. You relax into heated benches in a room with walls of salt. I relaxed into this warm bench and breathed in the salty air. I left a few minutes before my appointment, so I could check out the Wave Room – a relaxing area with wave sounds and scents.

As soon as I walked out my therapist was calling my name. I was assigned to the wonderful Janene. I booked a facial, energizing body scrub and massage. The scrub I chose was stimulating coffee, rosemary, mint and citrus. It was amazing.

Having many years of working in the spa industry, I have received a lot of massage and body work. Janene is a highly skilled massage therapist who truly knows the body.

I told her I wanted a full body massage, with focus mainly on neck and shoulders – which she expertly worked on with heat paks (LOVE heat!). She noticed I needed hip work, and we talked about my running. In a destination spa, I expect more of a relaxation experience, rather than the expert body work I received.

Janene exceeded all expectations.

Canyon Ranch Spa was truly a wonderful experience all around.

________________________________________________________________________

I was starving when I met Jason for lunch at, where else? The Canyon Ranch Grill.

He ordered the Breakfast Relleno.

I had the Portobello Sandwich with grilled onions, peppers and herbed mayo on foccacia.

oh, my… this was fabulous.

I also wolfed about seven huge glasses of water, then had a vodka lemonade:

Every day, every visit, was not complete without my apple – carrot – ginger – beet:

Some days, I would have two.

Canyon Ranch was all around a perfect experience.

Do you visit spas? What is your favorite treatment?

Canyon Ranch Cafe (Venetian) on Urbanspoon

Comments

Oh, I had to click over when I saw this title for sure! Canyon Ranch Spa is definitely on my “to do” list! πŸ˜‰ Love your great exposure to it. Beautiful pics and images you’ve planted in my head! :-) That fabulous massage with the gifted masseuse sounds especially good to me.

Shirley

2. Claire says

I love the Canyon Ranch Spa…you’re right, they exceed expectations which I think is key for a spa experience weekend getaway. I don’t love Vegas but when the hubby wants to go for fun with the boys, I have no problem tagging along knowing I’ll set myself up quite happily at the CRS.
    Another spa that I love and believe to be an exceptional experience is 10,000 Waves outside of Sante Fe, NM. The private outdoor hot tubs at sunset (before a massage preferably) when it’s cool outside and the trees are full of leaves and the mountains are painted purples, blues and yellows is a fantasy fairytale dream come true.

• says

our last visit to Santa Fe I saw 10,000 Waves!! we were already staying at a spa where I had booked tx each day – I told myself next visit I’d go there – thanks for letting me know it’s as good as I hoped! I love Santa Fe…

• says

yes, Go Here!! both of you… the conservatory is the co-ed area, you can enjoy the salt grotto and the wave room together! :)

if you need other ideas, let me know!!

I’m glad you posted this because next year my Dude has a HUGE conference in Las Vegas. I’m going with him and was wondering what I’d do all day long while he was working. Problem solved. Here I come, Canyon Ranch Spa.
    So glad you had time to relax and enjoy!

• says

you should go… it really is amazing… and with a treatment you have ALL DAY access to the conservatory. they also have a huge rock climbing wall and fitness.

Kris, :)

This sounds like the most fabulous day of relaxation and wellness! I love spas – don’t have the chance to go as often as I would like but I enjoy a good massage more than anything else. And pedicures. I love those, too. xo

• says

yep. pedis are my favorite… a couple years ago I got Jason hooked on them too… the owner of the place I usually go LOVES when he comes in.

I love EVERYTHING spa… obviously. πŸ˜‰

XO Kris

oh wow, is it wrong that i just got here and i’m already jealous? :)

i’ve only been to one spa and that was in Fiji for my wedding (i know, life is rough.) the hot stones were probably my favorite part. what kind of work did you do in the spa industry?

• says

I’m a spa director – management and financial roles, mostly – I managed the opening of a resort spa, which was fun. I’ve also done business and software consulting for spas.

Hot stone massage is wonderful… thanks for commenting – I’m off to read YOUR blog now!! πŸ˜€

I have never been to a spa! Of course, I have always wanted to and really dream of going on a yoga/spa vacation someday. I need to save lots of pennies before that can happen though. Closest I ever got was getting a massage on my honeymoon!

Wow, what an incredible experience!!! When we were in Vegas in August we ALMOST stayed at the Venetian, and now I’m going to push for us to stay there the next time πŸ˜‰ My only complaint is that the Venetian doesn’t have a buffet….