salty pumpkin spice pretzels

You may recall my chocolate peanut butter pretzels from last spring?

When I saw the Pumpkin Spice Kisses, I knew what I had to do…

…When Jason saw this photo, he yelled out “Kiss Army!” πŸ˜€

I used the same gluten free pretzel rings I always use.

Place a kiss on top of each one. Then book a manicure. πŸ˜‰

Bake in 200 degree oven, 10 minutes…

Melty yummy. The point will still be there, but 10 minutes is really all you need – they are indeed soft, and will push down with the cashew, M&M, whatever your topper.

Take a cashew and push the point down into the pretzel.

If it is cool outside, place by an open window. Or in a refrigerator. :)

It only takes a few minutes to cool.

…and even less time to disappear.

Mmm.

Have you seen all the new Hershey’s Kisses flavors?

What is your favorite sweet & salty treat?

Comments

• says

the pretzel rings are sometimes hard to find, but we have one local grocery where they are fairly consistent… I’ve made these with the normal small pretzel knot before, and they just squish down around in all the holes… also yum. :)

Absolutely incredible! I haven’t made treats like these since I’ve been GF. In high school we had a two period class where during the bell inbetween the two periods it was called Cheat and Eat. One person from the class was responsible for making a treat each day — yes, each day!! — and we’d eat it. If it was during a test you have 3 minutes to cheat lol.

Moving on.. I would always make pretzels treats with hershey kisses and M&M’s! And depending on the season I would use festive M&M’s!!

Love your variation with the GF pretzel ring and flavored hershey kiss!

I’ve been making the chocolate M&M pretzels for years! Another reason you are my blog soulmate. :) My favorite kisses to use were the peanut butter ones but I can never find them anymore. So then I’d use a peanut butter M&M which was really yummy. I tried caramel kisses once – total fail as the caramel got all melty and sticky. Also, I use the regular shaped braided pretzels around Valentine’s Day b/c once the chocolate melts through them, they look like little hearts. :)

• says

YES !! the first photo?? those are peanut butter M&M !! :) I don’t think I KNEW there were peanut butter kisses??? tragedy.

…we will make these together someday! πŸ˜€

OMG I had no idea there were pumpkin spice kisses – I must get some! Those little pretzel bites look amazing. I love making them around the holidays with the m&ms in the middle. I need to try these out- thanks so much for the idea :)

• says

I just found them this year also – they’re not new I hear? I love salty + sweet – next time I’d use salted cashews too. (these are my raw unsalted…) :)