baller

We have blueberries that are turning blue, and apples in our trees.

What should I do with them?

This morning I was wiped out after my workout; in fact, it was a struggle to get through the entire Shred. (My least favorite part of Shred, by the way? Knee circles in the warm up. No.) I had gone on an extra long walk early with Basil, but that’s not really unusual. I’m not usually tired after my workouts. I’m done, but not tired. I needed energy.

When I was young my mom used to make no bake peanut butter balls. She’d roll them in all kinds of toppings – carob powder was my favorite.

I came up with an energizing recipe inspired by my mom’s peanut butter balls.

I started with one cup peanut butter. I used Adam’s: ingredients = peanuts.

I added 2 scoops chocolate protein powder.

5 tablespoons hemp hearts!

2 tablespoons molasses. Made about three hours away, in Eugene!

Rolled into about 3/4 inch balls, with hemp hats on:

baller

No hemp hearts? Substitute nuts, seeds, oats, oat bran, granola… I’m already thinking of the next ones I’m going to make.

Keep in refrigerator:

They just got a “Mmm – Hmm” and a “NOM” from Jason.

questions:

With the 4th of July holiday this weekend, I should be thinking about good old american apple pie. Any other ideas for apples?

American readers, what are your plans for the holiday weekend?

Do you need to laugh so hard that it will concern your dog? Read David Thorne’s blog. Hilarity.

Happy Friday + holiday, everyone!

Comments

Those PB balls look fantastic! I might steal your recipe and turn it paleo. Or just follow your recipe and throw paleo out the window for a day πŸ˜‰

i love doing apple crisp, mostly because it’s quicker and lazier than apple pie, but still delicious.
    and making an apple pie type filling + putting it on pancakes/waffles? so yummy

I’m seriously having this epic, internal struggle to not make a dirty comment involving the word “balls”. I’ll refrain, but that’s the last of my self-control allotment for the day. If you see me dive head first into some cake later, remember this moment and realize I sacrificed the last of my control on not being a juvenile teenage boy. πŸ˜€

I think maybe an upside-down cake would work for both the apples and the blueberries. German pancakes are also a good use for apples. And of course, lots of muffins.

Nope, no plans for the holiday weekend. Maybe I’ll drag the fella out to watch fireworks or something.

• says

you should have seen how many titles for this post, and how many words I went through to Not Use Ball. So I am happy to hear I am not the only one who owns property in the gutter πŸ˜‰

have fun with the cake diving later! :)

4. Lynn says

I love to smear peanut butter or almond butter on a hot waffle and stack slices of apples on top. Its good mixture of textures, flavors, and yummness. I will have to try the peanut BALLs but Im going to use maple syrup instead cuz thats all I got!

Those PB balls look so tasty! I love an apple crisp or cobbler. Billy and I are heading to Austin this weekend to spend time with friends on the lake!